Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blessed

Today has been a gorgeous day and I have been soaking it in, loving every minute of it. God is so good and is whispering words of love to me today, despite my selfishness and despite my inability to always choose him. He is teaching me so many new things and opening my eyes to ways I need to act NOW, and be present now and serve him now. So, I'm looking for ways to do that now in my community.

A couple weeks ago I heard about someone prophesying, (someone that I know), that Jesus is coming back in the next couple years. My first reaction was to want to know more. What all did he say? What did he say is going to happen in our world until then? Then my next reaction was, I need to start living completely for him if I only have a couple years left! As time went on I thought the vision this person saw and described had parts that were a little strange, but regardless of the message I don't believe it would hurt to live like Jesus is coming back soon. Which leads me to today. God has been working on my heart and letting me see how I live for tomorrow, not for Christ, the hope of glory. Why would I want to live life completely for Him and devote my life completely to him only if he's coming back soon? It's something Levi and I have been thinking about a lot. We're thinking it's time to do some changes.

Here is some inspiration I found today. Hope y'all are having a WONDERFUL blessed day. He has entrusted us with much, and much is expected from us in return. Trying to live life for him.

"We bend.
I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up little ones and wipe away tears. I bend over a big pot of stew and I bend to fold endless laundry and I bend over math books and spelling sentences and history quiz corrections. And at the end of these days I bend next to the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower.
Because I serve a Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face.
He lived, only to die.
Could I?
Die to self and just break open for love.
This Savior, His one purpose to spend Himself on behalf of messy us. Will I spend myself on behalf of those in front of me?
And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness of Joy.

Praying for you as you bend today for whoever is in front of you. He will meet you there."

No comments:

Post a Comment