Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

I've been having a lovely work day and I've been doing a lot of thinking about new year's resolutions. So I've decided to compile some resolutions/goals for 2012. Woot!

Personal:
-I'd like to learn to live without fear. of shame, or embarrassment, or of judgement. I want to live purely in the moment. I want to truly believe that God made me in his likeness and I am wholly and wonderfully made. I'd like to kick low self-esteem and worries of inadequacy right out the door, finally.
-On that note, I'd like to live with purpose. To intentionally treat people well every day and focus my life around the hope of Christ in me the hope of glory, not on the hope of tomorrow.
-Do a daily Bible/prayer time every day. It's too sporadic right now.
-Stop eating crap. Yep that means Rosa's unfortunately...UNLESS i decide to choose chicken soft tacos at Rosa's instead of my favorite Chips and Queso and bean burritos? But basically stop eating crap.
-Exercise every day even if it's not a lot. It makes me happy, but I forget this when I stop going.
-Drink lots of water.
-Have at least 2 friend dates a week. Don't go crazy with social time though or I won't see Levi enough.
-Hang out with my sister every week.

Ministry:
-Be more intentional with my time at Beltway and with our 4 year old's on Sundays. Focus on what a blessing it is and how much of an impact I can have, not how hungry I am and when lunch is. After hour 2 on Sundays I am SOO hungry.

Marriage:
-3 or 4 evening dates a month with Levi. Woohoo! They don't have to be fancy, just out of the house and fun. Like a picnic!
-Marriage Retreat? That would be neat.
-Build Levi up every day
-Flirt with Levi every day

I'm printing these out and sticking them under my computer screen like I did last year. It's fun to be able to check them off when I feel like I'm accomplishing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment