Thursday, February 16, 2012

GO GO GO

Lots of thoughts bouncing around in my head today. We considered getting rid of our precious miniature aussiedoodle to one of my friends today because she's been desperately looking for a dog...and Levi doesn't love little Darla. But, after many long conversations Levi decided that he doesn't mind her as long as I am the one taking care of her. So, we'll see how that goes! It's been interesting though having to prioritize things in my life. I love Darla, but I love Levi more so if he says so, the dog has to go. And I love my Lord, but sometimes I love my life more. So if the Holy Spirit shows me someone I need to help and it doesn't fit my day or it could be really really awkward, sometimes I choose myself.

Lots of random thoughts, but it makes me think about what I really care about passionately and if I am living a PURPOSE driven life. Am I looking for the opportunities and not letting them happen to me. I read this the other day and it terrified me:

One of the clearest passages of Scripture that sheds light into what Jesus was passionate about is Matthew 25 verse 31-40. Jesus is speaking about the final judgment of mankind and the manner in which man will be judged. He talks about separating the goats from the sheep according to how they had lived their lives. Verses 34-40 read:

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing, I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.”
“Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?”
“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’”
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Want to say this at the end of my life:

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And now, the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of His return. And the prize is not just for me, but all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment